Realex Secure Shopping
2. Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, and telephone number. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
3. Purposes for which we hold your Information
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
a) to provide you with information you have requested;
b) to contact you if required in connection with your query or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
c) to send you the Realex Payments Newsletter or Event Alerts.
4. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
We will not disclose your Personal Data to third parties unless you have consented to this disclosure or unless the third party is required to fulfil your order (in such circumstances, the third party is bound by similar data protection requirements. We will disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
5. Sale of Business
6. Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact us. Any such data subject requests may be subject to the prescribed fee.
Inherent to our operations and business approach is the need to provide a secure, robust and reliable payment processing service. Information security is our top business priority. To this end we have invested in extensive security controls and infrastructure.
- Realex Payments have been accredited with the AIS (Account Information Security) certification by VISA and is one of the few companies in Europe to achieve this. This shows our commitment to above industry standard in every aspect of payment processing.
- Information is sent to us from businesses via the internet and we connect to financial institutions with whom we are fully certified and approved.
- All information when in transit via the internet is encrypted (128bit SSL) to ensure confidentiality of sensitive data.
- All messages sent to us and the responses from us are authenticated using digitally signed digests.
- All requests are verified against a legal list of IP address and referring URLs.
- Our technical infrastructure is located in secure co-location facilities that have 24×7 manned security and advanced building management systems along with environmental controls.
- Critical servers and applications are monitored constantly to threshold levels and Realex Payments staff is instantly alerted via our real time monitoring and alerting service.
- All connections to the financial institutions are over private dedicated leased circuits, backed up with ISDN lines and in certain cases VPN connections over the internet.
- The network is designed to be highly resilient with duplicate and triplicate systems in place depending on the critical nature of each component.
- Realex Payments are registered with the data protection commissioner as a “Data Processor”. Cardholder information is encrypted and not displayed in our reporting systems – realcontrol.